[Debian-eeepc-devel] 9156resolution stopped working after lenny->squeeze upgrade

Pedro Bulach Gapski pbgapski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 21:54:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> today i upgraded lenny on my 1101ha to squeeze.  after that,
> 915resolution stopped working, i.e., during boot screen does not go to
> 1366x768 mode.

I have been running squeeze for a few months, and this setup is
working on a GMA500, although the netbook is not the same as yours.

However, grub-pc has been upgraded today:
[UPGRADE] grub-pc 1.98~20100115-1 -> 1.98-1
and I can not tell (yet) if this upgrade has caused a regression.

But I know for sure that 1.98~20100115-1 is fine with this setup.

> i have not made any changes to /etc/grub.d/01_915resolution which has
>
> echo insmod 915resolution
> echo 915resolution 58 1366 768 32

Same setup as mine. Double check that the file is executable after the
upgrade. And check /boot/grub/grub.cfg and see if the 915resolution
lines have correctly made into it.

> i have not found any related error messages in dmesg.  this used to work
> fine using lenny with grub2 from squeeze.
>
> any ideas?

Try downgrading to grub-pc 1.98~20100115-1. If that solves the problem
we should open a bug on grub-pc.

Note that modprobing the framebuffer from /etc/modules has stopped
working with the latest intel X driver. If you have that line on
/etc/modules, comment it out and give it a try.

I may be able to upgrade in the next few days, and if this issue is
still open, I will report back.

regards,

Pedro