[Debian-eeepc-devel] 9156resolution stopped working after lenny->squeeze upgrade

Malte Dik malte.dik at web.de
Wed Mar 17 22:25:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

this might be related to a thing I investigated some weeks ago, because in
some configurations my computer hung up when entering X (or more precisely
KDE).

They are doing stuff in the kernel, making some things to modules and not load
at boottime because they use udev for that or some other sort of things.

When booting, look out for a line like "videomode must be programmed at
boottime." or similiar. That might be a clou (to google for :)).

I don't find what I had in mind, but maybe http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=398948 helps some more.

Cheers,

Malte