[Debian-eeepc-devel] 9156resolution stopped working after lenny->squeeze upgrade

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Mar 18 08:35:10 UTC 2010

Fr d ric Boiteux writes:

 >   I'm curious, I didn't know about 915resolution and grub[2] : how did
 > you find to use it ? is it compatible with Kernel modesetting (KMS) ?
 > The grub2 setup let you define 'GRUB_GFXMODE' and
 > 'GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX', is different from your solution ?

fred,

i have no idea if 915resolution is compatible with kernel modesetting.
perhaps  915resolution is not meant to work anymore with kernel 2.6.32.
it used to work fine with kernel 2.6.30 (from lenny backports).

this is the original thread about the subject

 > http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-laptop@lists.debian.org/msg51520.html

and here are the instructions on how to make 915resolution to work on
lenny

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Model/1101HA

-- juha