[Debian-eeepc-devel] 9156resolution stopped working after lenny->squeeze upgrade

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Mar 18 09:36:55 UTC 2010

On 18/03/10 05:35 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i have no idea if 915resolution is compatible with kernel modesetting.
> perhaps  915resolution is not meant to work anymore with kernel 2.6.32.
> it used to work fine with kernel 2.6.30 (from lenny backports).

If it is incompatible, then see /etc/modprobe.d/i915-kms.conf (a part of
the xserver-xorg-video-intel package, if you have it installed).  You
will want to change that.  Or else if you don't have that file because
that package isn't installed, kms probably isn't an issue.

Does the i915 kernel module get loaded on those machines?  If not, then
I guess this particular setting is irrelevant.