[Debian-eeepc-devel] wish for eeepc-acpi-scripts : wifi/bluetooth alternate toggle

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Mar 24 09:57:56 UTC 2010

Alan Jenkins writes:

 > >> it works great. I have seen that there is in the files the
 > >> bluetooth toggle. Is it possible to have a similar alternate toggle like
 > >> under w7 ?
 > >
 > > The Fn-F2 handling is done entirely in-kernel. While it could be done using
 > > another key, that in-kernel handling makes it not worthwhile.

i did on my 1101ha

# rfkill block bluetooth

and after that rfkill list shows

2: eeepc-bluetooth: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: yes
	Hard blocked: no

does that mean that bluetooth physical interface is still on and
consuming power?  if so, is there any means to get bluetooth also hard
blocked?

when i press Fn-F2, it blocks wifi phy hard and soft, but eeepc-wlan
only soft:

1: eeepc-wlan: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: yes
	Hard blocked: no