[Debian-eeepc-devel] wish for eeepc-acpi-scripts : wifi/bluetooth alternate toggle

Alan Jenkins sourcejedi.lkml at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:25:34 UTC 2010

On 3/24/10, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Alan Jenkins writes:
>
>  > >> it works great. I have seen that there is in the files the
>  > >> bluetooth toggle. Is it possible to have a similar alternate toggle
> like
>  > >> under w7 ?
>  > >
>  > > The Fn-F2 handling is done entirely in-kernel. While it could be done
> using
>  > > another key, that in-kernel handling makes it not worthwhile.
>
> i did on my 1101ha
>
> # rfkill block bluetooth
>
> and after that rfkill list shows
>
> 2: eeepc-bluetooth: Bluetooth
> 	Soft blocked: yes
> 	Hard blocked: no
>
> does that mean that bluetooth physical interface is still on and
> consuming power?

No, "soft blocked" means that it has been disabled _by_ software.  A
hard block normally means that you've used a hardware switch to
disable it, and that the kernel can't override it.

AFAIK no eeepc models have a hard block.  The current eeepc-laptop
code doesn't have any way to query a hard block status.

Regards
Alan