[Debian-eeepc-devel] Strange keyboard behavior after suspend-to-disk on 901

Valtteri Vuorikoski vuori at sci.fi
Sat May 1 19:34:29 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am seeing some very strange keyboard behavior on a recently-upgraded
EeePC 901 running recent (about two weeks old) squeeze. On older
kernels (up to 2.6.28, I think) there has been an intermittent keyboard
issue after suspend (s2disk): perhaps once per 20 suspends the
arrow keys would stop working (no scancodes output); a reboot fixed
this.

As of 2.6.32 (possibly already in .30, I didn't use the machine
much during the .30 era) this took a turn for the worse. Approximately
every other suspend to disk will hose the keyboard, so that the
function keys will shift one to the left (ie. the tilde key will
become F1 and so on) and the insert and backslash keys will stop
generating scancodes (checked with showkey -s on the console).

The problem persists across reboots and is present inside the BIOS
setup. Powering off the machine and disconnecting the battery
corrects it. Suspend to RAM doesn't appear to trigger the problem.

Has anyone else seen this behavior or an existing bug report about
this kind of thing? Googling with obvious keywords didn't seem to
reveal anything.

 -valtteri