[Debian-eeepc-devel] Install report: Squeeze on 1008HA

Thibaut Paumard mlotpot.news at free.fr
Thu May 6 20:24:59 UTC 2010

Le 6 mai 10 à 11:03, Trent W. Buck a écrit :

> Thibaut Paumard <mlotpot.news at free.fr> writes:
>
>> I just installed Squeeze on a 1008HA [...]  - I was unable to load
>> the
>> eeepc_laptop kernel module, which is perhaps the root for the other
>> problems.
>
> Try passing acpi_osi=Linux from the bootloader to the kernel.

Hi,

I just retried the the 2.6.32 kernel. I have installed and upgraded
packages in the meantime, so it's not easy to see precisely what has
an effect. Most of my troubles have vanished and, indeed,
acpi_osi=Linux allows probing eeepc_laptop. However the PC still
behaves better with the 2.6.30 kernel. In particular, I was unable
under 2.6.32 to get the wifi to work after resuming from hibernation.

Regards, Thibaut.