[Debian-eeepc-devel] Install report: Squeeze on 1008HA

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri May 7 00:41:35 UTC 2010

On 06/05/10 05:24 PM, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> I just retried the the 2.6.32 kernel. I have installed and upgraded
> packages in the meantime, so it's not easy to see precisely what has
> an effect. Most of my troubles have vanished and, indeed,
> acpi_osi=Linux allows probing eeepc_laptop. However the PC still
> behaves better with the 2.6.30 kernel. In particular, I was unable
> under 2.6.32 to get the wifi to work after resuming from hibernation.

You know Squeeze will release with 2.6.32, not 2.6.30, so I encourage
you to stick with 2.6.32 and try to work out any remaining issues and/or
file bugs as needed.

Is the issue with wifi not working after resuming from hibernation 100%
reproducible with 2.6.32 and 100% not reproducible with 2.6.30?  Make
sure you do enough trials to be certain the kernel is the factor.