[Debian-eeepc-devel] Fan do not start

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri May 7 15:55:20 UTC 2010

On 04/30/2010 02:21 PM, Christian Grube wrote:
>> Can you get the fan to start with another OS?  If not, the problem
>>
> FreeBSD will be the other one, but I prefer Debian on the eeepc.

Is that a yes?  Can you (currently) boot FreeBSD and see if the fan
starts?  If the temperature goes up and the fan never comes on, then the
problem is most likely hardware.

You asked in a separate post if there is a way to control the fan.  I
already linked to that tip on the wiki in an earlier post in this thread.