[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts integration: please test

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Tue May 11 23:47:19 UTC 2010

Hi, in my branch of eeepc-acpi-scripts at
git://github.com/lultimouomo/eeepc-acpi-scripts.git I have reached the
point where I can install the new version of e-a-s so that it removes
the old one, and install acpi-support as a dependency. I tried it with
gdebi and it works; if someone has a personal repository it would be
nice if he could check that aptitude and apt-get don't freak out for
some reason (I didn't really understand if I had to Conflict: or
Break: the old version of eeepc-acpi-scripts...)
I'm using it on my eee and it seems working fine.
Most probably the wireless toggling will need some refinement,
especially on older kernel.
I think the best solution would be to push a comprehensive wireless
toggling script in acpi-support (wireless toggling in acpi-support is
completely broken ATM, I will file a bug report about it tomorrow);
but the sheer number of kernels and quirks that it would have to
support makes me want to cry.

Cheers,

Luca