[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts integration: please test

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Wed May 12 13:39:57 UTC 2010

-=| Luca Niccoli, Wed, May 12, 2010 at 01:47:19AM +0200 |=-
> Hi, in my branch of eeepc-acpi-scripts at
> git://github.com/lultimouomo/eeepc-acpi-scripts.git I have reached the
> point where I can install the new version of e-a-s so that it removes
> the old one, and install acpi-support as a dependency. I tried it with
> gdebi and it works; if someone has a personal repository it would be
> nice if he could check that aptitude and apt-get don't freak out for
> some reason (I didn't really understand if I had to Conflict: or
> Break: the old version of eeepc-acpi-scripts...)

No reason to Conflict/Replace/Break $self, I guess? Is there a problem
with a normal upgrade?

> I'm using it on my eee and it seems working fine.

I'll test the package these days. Thank you very much for your work!

> Most probably the wireless toggling will need some refinement,
> especially on older kernel.
> I think the best solution would be to push a comprehensive wireless
> toggling script in acpi-support (wireless toggling in acpi-support is
> completely broken ATM, I will file a bug report about it tomorrow);
> but the sheer number of kernels and quirks that it would have to
> support makes me want to cry.

True. Ideally, toggling of wireless (and everything else) should be
done by the kernel. I think things are moving in that direction, at
least the kernel does its job on model 901 and our scripts are used
only for notification.