[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts integration: please test

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Fri May 14 09:34:38 UTC 2010

On 14 May 2010 11:19, Luca Niccoli <lultimouomo at gmail.com> wrote:

> It could be not exactly trivial, though.

Mmm, here's an idea about how we could do it:
check in preinst if /etc/acpi/local/lid.sh.post exists; if it does,
rename it lid.sh.post.user (ugh)
ship /etc/acpi/local/lid.sh.post that checks if
/etc/acpi/local/lid.sh.post.user exists end executes it, then suspends
only if the eeepc-laptop is loaded.
It seems to me an horrible hack, but could do it.

A simpler way would be to ship /etc/acpi/events/eee-lid, running a
script that checks if eeepc-laptop is loaded and then runs
/etc/acpi/sleep.sh
I wonder what would happen suspending while lid.sh is doing its stuff though.

I'd be glad to hear comments AND alternative solutions!

Cheers,

Luca