[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Nov 7 17:53:22 UTC 2010

On 07/11/10 12:30 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Yes. That makes it work.  I get the same output from acpid -d -l for
> these other keys:
>
> 00000016 - backlight off
> 00000038 - resolution change
> 00000012 - task manager

My mistake. 00000012 does generate a key event.

However, when I try binding this to the camera handler, it fails to
work.  Probably has to do with this:

$ sudo cat /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/camera
cat: /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/camera: No such device

Nevertheless, I can use the camera with mplayer:

$ mplayer -fps 30 tv://

As for backlight off, adding 00000016 to the list of keys handled the
same way as the S.H.E. key (as per your patch for Touchpad key) makes it
work again.