[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 15:28:40 UTC 2010

On 8 November 2010 15:57, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> And back to our hotkey duplication issue, how is that handled upstream
> in recent releases? Are all hotkeys now mapped to buttons in recent kernels?

No. On my 901, with 2.6.36 there are still 2 buttons that generate
only hotkeys events.
At this point I' thinking the solution could be just to watch for
hotkey events, and plainly ignore buttons - are there buttons that
generate only button events?
After squeeze is out we can see when it's the best time to move to
button events (hopefully hotkey events will be deprecated only after
every button is mapped to the new system).
Cheers,

Luca