[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 16:53:17 UTC 2010

On 8 November 2010 16:28, Luca Niccoli <lultimouomo at gmail.com> wrote:

> At this point I' thinking the solution could be just to watch for
> hotkey events, and plainly ignore buttons - are there buttons that
> generate only button events?

I've committed a new branch - hotkey-only - to git.debian.org that does this.
It uses netlink events since new kernels or acpids don't generate the
old ATKD events anymore.
acpid should properly support netlink since 2.0.0-1, that migrated to
squeeze on the first of January.
To test this version, you'd better move back to the one in unstable
and then upgrade agains - otherwise since there is no version bump
from the previous unreleased one you'll get some leftover conffiles.
I'm testing it right now and it seems working both on 2.6.32 and 2.6.36
Cheers,

Luca