[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Nov 12 00:45:57 UTC 2010

On 11/11/10 07:37 PM, Glyn Webster wrote:
> On 10/11/10 20:11, Adam Fetzer wrote:
>> I want to change the SOFTBTN1_ACTION= keys to a custom command but am
>> unable to find any information as to what I would use for a shell
>> function or internal or external command.

hotkey.sh from eeepc-acpi-scripts provide some default handlers.  You
may provide handlers of your own as well (you could just include them in
/etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts, as that is sourced into hotkey.sh)

> I'd like to more about eeepc-acpi-scripts too.
>
> I had the problem of the mute button turning the sound on then straight
> off again, which I found the solution to in the wiki.

The new default in the next release will be to not provide default
bindings for those keys, as desktops typically manage these keys
directly themselves now.

> But while I was doing that, I discovered that if I stopped
> eeepc-acpi-scripts the Fn hot-keys still worked. Is Gnome handling the
> ACPI events?

/etc/init.d/eeepc-acpi-scripts stop, you mean? that does nothing. read
the script.