[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts

Glyn Webster glynwebster at orcon.net.nz
Fri Nov 12 06:40:59 UTC 2010

On 12/11/10 18:38, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Glyn Webster, Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:37:35PM +1300 |=-
>> But while I was doing that, I discovered that if I stopped
>> eeepc-acpi-scripts the Fn hot-keys still worked. Is Gnome handling
>> the  ACPI events?
>
> GNOME does handle some ACPI events and some hotkeys (reported as key
> events by the kernel)

What I'm worried about (as a user) is which system responds to hot-key
presses, etc. Or which one responds first.

Could somebody add a README to the package that explains what happens?

Or if I wasn't supposed to install eeepc-acpi-scripts over Gnome, could
that be explained in the package description?

--Glyn