[Debian-eeepc-devel] Disable old kernel version dependent options by default

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 15:27:16 UTC 2010

On 14 November 2010 15:48, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> I think the documentation I just committed will guide users well enough.
>  Shall we leave it as is, or do you still strongly feel we need to
> handle this case in a different way from the others?

Just to clarify: what I suggested was to provide a boolean option
WiFi_WORKAROUND instead of FnF_WIRELESS, but the net effect was meant
to be the same.
Comments get removed from the shipped defaults file, so I'm afraid
users of new kernels will be fooled by the name of the option.
I don' have any strong feeling though, during the freeze perfect can
really be the enemy of good!
Cheers,

Luca