[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 13:16:15 UTC 2010

On 16 November 2010 13:22, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> Uh-oh ... I think we screwed up on this.  I obtained a backport of
> eeepc_wmi from upstream and applied it against 2.6.32.  If I boot
> without the acpi_osi="Linux" hack and load eeepc_wmi instead of
> eeepc_laptop, it is generating only button events!  Now what?  How about
> we re-introduce button handling, test for eeepc_wmi module being loaded
> and use buttons if it is, otherwise use hotkeys?

How about: we add a new rule file that calls a very basic wrapper
script, that calls hotkey.sh with the appropriate codes in case
eeepc_wmi is loaded?
This would keep hotkey.sh simple, and would be very easy to turn off
in case eeepc_wmi starts generating hotkeys again.
BTW, could you try a kernel that has eeepc_wmi natively (w/o
backporting) too? I'd like to be sure that eeepc_wmi never generates
hotkeys before making this change...
Cheers,

Luca