[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 4 17:03:22 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 04.09.2010, 17:57 +0200 schrieb Luca Niccoli:
> While we were almost there with the integration with acpi-support, the
> time it took for some patches to get in acpi-support and some
> real-life stuff has meant that the freeze has been called before I
> could prepare a version to be uploaded to unstable.
> Do you think we should look for a freeze exception or just go on
> uploading to experimental and document that in squeeze one will still
> have to manually install eeepc-acpi-scripts?

I would prefer a freeze exception. I do not know what the policy is
about this change, but if you could upload the updated package somewhere
to make it easy to test and document what things should be tested, we
could start right away and make sure nothing breaks. Maybe this will
make it easier to get it into Squeeze.

Thanks,

Paul