[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Sep 4 20:49:10 UTC 2010

On 04/09/10 02:03 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:
> I would prefer a freeze exception. I do not know what the policy is
> about this change, but if you could upload the updated package somewhere
> to make it easy to test and document what things should be tested, we
> could start right away and make sure nothing breaks. Maybe this will
> make it easier to get it into Squeeze.

I would second that.  Nothing else depends on eeepc-acpi-scripts so I
think it's fairly straightforward to justify this as being in everyone's
best interest.  Currently we have eeepc-acpi-scripts responsible for too
many things, leading to conflicts.  Having it do less is arguably more
robust for the next stable release.