[Debian-eeepc-devel] question about 1005ha

Daniel Harris mail.dharris at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 12 18:27:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Ben Armstrong
<synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>wrote:

> On 12/09/10 04:41 AM, Daniel Harris wrote:
>
>> Hello all
>>
>> Is the FN + spacebar combination supposed to work in debian?
>>

> Yes, assuming you have the current version of eeepc-acpi-scripts in squeeze
> and are using the default key bindings for it.
>
> Also, as indicated in the wiki, on model 1005HA you likely need the
> acpi_osi="Linux" boot option or else eeepc_laptop.ko will not load (check
> lsmod) and all kinds of things won't work properly.
>
> Ben
>
> Hello Ben

I am upto date with squeeze and the eeepc_laptop module gets loaded with or
without the line you indicated, even on the wiki it indicates that that line
may not be needed, but the Fn + spacebar combination does nothing.  Most of
the other keys seem to work, sleep, wifi, brightness, sound, pageup/down
although turning off the mouse does not work also.

Also on windows asus have a super performance mode for models with 2GIG men
800FSB whereby the FSB I assume gets slightly overclocked and the cpu gets
pushed upto 1.7 instead of the default 1.6.  Is this mode available.
see this link about super high performance mode
http://www.asus1005ha.com/super-hybrid-engine-asus-1005ha/

Thanks in Advance

Dan