[Debian-eeepc-devel] question about 1005ha

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Sep 12 19:03:13 UTC 2010

On 12/09/10 03:27 PM, Daniel Harris wrote:
> I am upto date with squeeze and the eeepc_laptop module gets loaded
> with or without the line you indicated, even on the wiki it indicates
> that that line may not be needed, but the Fn + spacebar combination
> does nothing.  Most of the other keys seem to work, sleep, wifi,
> brightness, sound, pageup/down although turning off the mouse does not
> work also.

Check the keybinding in /etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts

SOFTBTNSHE_ACTION='handle_shengine'

Test that the keypresses are actually sent as ACPI events with
acpi_listen (each hotkey event below is the Fn-Spacebar keypress, and
the processor lines are the resulting SHE engine actions):

hotkey ASUS010:00 00000039 00000003
processor LNXCPU:00 00000081 00000000
processor LNXCPU:01 00000081 00000000
hotkey ASUS010:00 00000039 00000004
processor LNXCPU:00 00000080 00000001
processor LNXCPU:00 00000081 00000000
processor LNXCPU:01 00000080 00000001
processor LNXCPU:01 00000081 00000000
hotkey ASUS010:00 00000039 00000005
processor LNXCPU:00 00000080 00000000
processor LNXCPU:00 00000081 00000000
processor LNXCPU:01 00000080 00000000
processor LNXCPU:01 00000081 00000000

> Also on windows asus have a super performance mode for models with
> 2GIG men 800FSB whereby the FSB I assume gets slightly overclocked and
> the cpu gets pushed upto 1.7 instead of the default 1.6.  Is this mode
> available.

Yes, although we call it "Power-saving", "Standard" and "Performance".

Do you have the aosd-cat package installed and OSD enabled in your
/etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts (disabled by default)?  That will give
you OSD feedback each time the mode changes.