[Debian-eeepc-devel] question about 1005ha

Daniel Harris mail.dharris at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 12 20:06:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Ben Armstrong
<synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>wrote:

> On 12/09/10 03:27 PM, Daniel Harris wrote:
>
>> I am upto date with squeeze and the eeepc_laptop module gets loaded with
>> or without the line you indicated, even on the wiki it indicates that that
>> line may not be needed, but the Fn + spacebar combination does nothing.
>>  Most of the other keys seem to work, sleep, wifi, brightness, sound,
>> pageup/down although turning off the mouse does not work also.
>>

> Check the keybinding in /etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts
>
> SOFTBTNSHE_ACTION='handle_shengine'
>
> Yes that is there

> Test that the keypresses are actually sent as ACPI events with acpi_listen
> (each hotkey event below is the Fn-Spacebar keypress, and the processor
> lines are the resulting SHE engine actions):

hotkey ASUS010:00 00000039 00000003         This line appears

processor LNXCPU:00 00000081 00000000
processor LNXCPU:01 00000081 00000000       These dont

hotkey ASUS010:00 00000039 00000004          This one appears

processor LNXCPU:00 00000080 00000001
processor LNXCPU:00 00000081 00000000
processor LNXCPU:01 00000080 00000001
processor LNXCPU:01 00000081 00000000         These dont

hotkey ASUS010:00 00000039 00000005             This line appears

processor LNXCPU:00 00000080 00000000
processor LNXCPU:00 00000081 00000000
processor LNXCPU:01 00000080 00000000
processor LNXCPU:01 00000081 00000000          These dont

>  Also on windows asus have a super performance mode for models with 2GIG
>> men 800FSB whereby the FSB I assume gets slightly overclocked and the cpu
>> gets pushed upto 1.7 instead of the default 1.6.  Is this mode available.
>>

> Yes, although we call it "Power-saving", "Standard" and "Performance".

OK Thanks

> Do you have the aosd-cat package installed and OSD enabled in your
> /etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts (disabled by default)?  That will give you
> OSD feedback each time the mode changes.

Now installed and the green osd appears but to no noticeable effect

I have a gnome applet on my menubar and that always stays on ondemand and
the cpu indicated no activity 800 mhz and 1.6mhz when in use in fact that
stay the same when I am on battery although the screen dimms when only on
battety.  I can use the applet to force each cpu to performance 1.6mhz (that
requires root passwd) (no 1.7 mhz thats why I asked about super) but still
the Fn + spacebar refuses to change mode.

Dan