[Debian-eeepc-devel] Is there a right way to do fan control on the Asus 701 4G?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Sep 30 00:57:17 UTC 2010

On 29/09/10 09:36 PM, Glyn Webster wrote:
> I ran my EEE PC like that for two years, and didn't have any problems.
> Turning the mode up and down, which must have meant changing both the
> clock speed and voltage, never bothered it. I never ran it on "super",
> and seldom on "high", though.

Sure, but that's one case, and one particular pattern of usage.  I just
don't know what it would do to, say, running it with VGA turned on, or
an SD card, or any number of other things that might flake out if you
undervolt it.  And even if that worked for you, I wouldn't be able to
say, with confidence, it would work for all of our users, so we've taken
the conservative stance that we provide the controls that ASUS itself
provides (that is, S.H.E., for the models supporting it).