[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts update & breakage

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Wed Apr 20 21:02:54 UTC 2011

Hi Ben,
> If you previously used the acpi_osi="Linux" workaround to load
> eeepc_laptop with 2.6.32, you now need to remove that workaround, or
> else eeepc_wmi will not load and hotkeys, etc. will not work.

I have the same kernel, but an EEEPC 1005HGO. I tried the above on my netbook,
but I still have to use the acpi_osi="Linux" workaround. In that case, eeepc-
laptop will be loaded and everything is working fine.

If I remove the workaround, then eeepc-wmi is loaded, but the hotkeys are not
working. I thought, that might be interesting for you, as 1001 and 1005 are
nearly the same hardware (as far as I know) and it might be a bug, maybe.

> Ben

Best regards and a great thank you, that your answers are always so quick!

Hans