[Debian-eeepc-devel] Help needed: eeepc kernel modules & eeepc-acpi-scripts for Wheezy

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Sat Apr 23 16:12:48 UTC 2011

> > http://acpi4asus.sourceforge.net/
>
> Before doing that:
> - check if the driver really don't send any keycode (with showkey in a
> terminal) - check with latest drivers from
> http://git.iksaif.net/?p=acpi4asus-dkms.git;a=summary
> - check if there is something usefull at the end of dmesg
>
> Thanks

Hi Ben, Andre, Corentin and others,

I am watching your conversation now for a while. As i am using an
EEEPC 1005HAG, I would like to know, what now is the required combination for
using FN-keys and eeepc-scripts. At the moment this is not working any more
here (after a fresh install), and I am now using:

- kernel 2.6.38-2-686
- eeepc-scripts-1.1.11
- the workaround "acpi_osi="Linux"
- kernel-module eeepc-laptop

My WM is kde4. Without the workaround, eeepc-wmi is loaded, but with no
success either. I get the same results as Andre already told.

Maybe there should be a database for all the keycodes of the different
netbooks. If so, I will be pleased, to send mine (if I can find out, how to
create them).

For the moment I am watching your conversation with great interest, and will
offer my help, as soon as I am able to.

Happy eastern!

Hans