[Debian-eeepc-devel] I can no longer hibernate my eee 1005 PE

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Feb 17 17:37:33 UTC 2011

On 02/17/2011 04:31 AM, Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:
> I have the same problem you reported in
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/2011-February/004032.html : my eee seems to hibernate correcly, starts a resume but reboots before restoring the surrent (gnome) session. Suspending (to RAM) works perfectly.
>
> I saw that upgrading to wheezy seemed to fix the problem. I followed
> (and still follows) testing (now wheezy), and I still have the problem.
> I also reinstalled pm-utils, and eeepc-acpi-scripts, with no success. Do
> you have any further hint on how to fix ? Also : did you submit a bug
> report on pm-utils ?

It's unlikely the fault lies in pm-utils, and more likely relates to the
kernel, or something else, such as ...

Do you have uswsusp installed? That was buggy and was removed from
Squeeze, and pm-utils will automatically use it if it is present. If you
do, please remove uswsusp and see if you still have the problem.

Note: if you formerly used a swap *file* (not partition) with uswsusp
you'll need to consult the kernel docs for specifying an offset to
resume from that file (sorry, don't have the exact reference on hand).

Also, test hibernate/resume directly as per:

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt

If it still fails using that method, that rules out pm-utils as being
the cause.