[Debian-eeepc-devel] [RFA] Reporting issues noted in the Debian Wiki in the Debian bug tracking system.

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Jan 1 14:53:42 UTC 2011

On 01/01/11 10:24 AM, Paul Menzel wrote:

> Dear Debian Eee PC folks,
>

> getting notified of edits of Debian Eee PC pages in the Debian Wiki [1]
> I noticed that there still seem to be some quirks with Squeeze/testing,
> for example the following suspend/hibernate problem with ASUS Eee PC
> 1215T [2].
>
>         However, in order to get suspend/hibernate to work, you might
>         need to install the X video driver that's shipped with Ubuntu's
>         maverick (1:6.13.1-1ubuntu5), which is the same upstream version
>         and differs from Debian only in the package version.
>
> I think there were some others related to audio and so on. It would be
> great if the authors – thank you for extending the Debian Wiki – could
> also submit reports to the Debian BTS (most of the time against the
> Linux kernel I guess) or ask on the mailing list [3].
>

> Thanks and a happy new year to everyone,

We know that, thanks. We've discussed on irc the need to file bugs about
these issues, and that placing the info in the wiki is not a long term
solution, but rather just a short term scratch space for what we've
learned so far. But so far, we don't feel we have enough info yet to
file actionable bugs on the appropriate package(s).