[Debian-eeepc-devel] EEEPC 1005HGO + ppp-2.4.5-4 + O2

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Sun Jan 16 09:05:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,

has anyone successfully managed to get gprs/umts-connection with a ppp-version
2.4.5 or higher + O2? If so, it would be nice, if you could send me a copy of
your configuration. I cannot get any connection with the mentioned version
above, but it is working perfectly with ppp-version 2.4.4rel-10.1 !

Because of this, I suppose, there is a bug, but developers of ppp say, I am
wrong. Otherwise, I could still no one find, to get this combination running.
All blogs I found in the internet were using old version ppp-2.4.4rel-10.1,
but NOT the latest oner from squeeze/unstable.

I am using O2 loop, with Huawei E620 and umtsmon-0.9.

All other tools I tested with latest ppp were
- pon
- gnome-ppp
- kppp
- knetwork-manager
- ixconn

which all depend on ppp-2.4.5-4 (or higher) with no success.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Hans