[Debian-eeepc-devel] EEEPC 1005HGO + ppp-2.4.5-4 + O2

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Sat Jan 22 17:23:28 UTC 2011

Am Samstag, 22. Januar 2011 schrieb Paul Menzel:

Hi Paul,
> Could you at least please update your report with that information, so
> that people are aware what solution you chose.

I did so.
> > and b) do not use suspend-to-disk. I think both problems will be fixed
> > in the future anyway.
>
> It might be quicker, when you report that problem.
The bug was reported to the kernel-team now.

> I assure you there are a lot of capable people reading debian-user who
> are able to read and understand code and help you. At least try it.

Also this is now reported to debian-user.

> […]
>
> I hope that is not the impression you got of the reaction. I think your
> reports were very useful and only got to the wrong list.

No it is not. Although I sometimes thought, I am a little bit nerdy.
> So if you have not given up yet, I would recommend the following for you
> to do.

I never easy give up, I am a fighter! :)
> PPP: Send a message to `debian-user` and update your bug report with the
> link to your message in the `debian-user` archive and that you put the
> old package on hold for now.

Already done.

> Suspend-to-disk: Could you in the log files pinpoint, when this problem
> started? If not please submit a report against the Linux kernel package,
> because I think that is the most probably culprit. My experience is that
> the maintainers are very responsive there.

Sorry, sadly there are no logfiles, as I am deleting them after 2 days. The
last time I know it worked, was 3 weeks ago from now.
> Thanks and good luck,
>
> Paul

Thank you very much , and also for moralic support.

Greetz

Hans