[Debian-eeepc-devel] ASUS EeePC X101 works fine with Sid / eeepc.d.n seems down

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 3 09:34:07 UTC 2012

Dear Axel,

Am Donnerstag, den 02.02.2012, 17:22 +0100 schrieb Axel Beckert:

> I bought an EeePC X101 (US model with Meego and 8 GB SSD, just two USB
> slots, no external video socket) two months ago and Debian Sid amd64
> runs fine on it.

thank you for the information. In Germany this device seems to be
selling for around 170 € which seems a reasonable price.

What is your experience how long the battery lasts? Does Debian run as
long as the shipped MeeGo installation?

Could you attach the output of `acpi -V` please?

Is video playback working well for you? Is the graphics hardware able to
play high definition videos like from YouTube (`clive --format=best …`)?

And last but not least do you know if there are any extensions/means to
connect an external display?

> P.S.: eeepc.debian.net seems not reachable

        $ host eeepc.debian.net
        eeepc.debian.net has address 209.59.209.211

But the site does not load for me either.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.guenstiger.de/Preisvergleich/Asus/EeePC_X101_MeeGo/Meinungen/Gutes_Netbook_238034.html