[Debian-ezgo-packaging] [ezgo] ezgo被linux mint收錄在官方套件庫耶!

Andrew Lee ajqlee at debian.org
Thu Dec 23 18:19:32 UTC 2010

Hi Jonas, (hi Eric and everyone who may concern EzGO).

On 2010年12月16日 19:37, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> 雖然這些 ezgo 套件尚未完全跟 ezgo8 的開發成果同步,並且還有許多可以努
>> 力 的空間,但預期已能在未來 ezgo 開發過程省下不少時間,因此我與 Eirc
>> 一樣, 非常期待我們有更多的夥伴參與國際社群,不只是引進國外的資源,並
>> 進一步將我 們的發現帶給國際社群。也期待國內有 OSS 相關單位願意合作、投
>> 入、參與這樣 的國際性計劃。
>
> What is the current status of ezgo?  And - separately from that - what
> is the status of ezgo integration with Debian?

Eric or someone who attend the ezgo development meetings:
  May you guys please say something here to help us understand better on
the current status of ezgo. :)

Even though we have a ezgo package in Debian, ubuntu, linux mint
official repositories. The ezgo integration with Debian is still needing
some works, majorly on:
- Sync software colloections in ezgo package
- Port gconf's customize settings in ezgo package
- Port firefox customizations in ezgo package
- ...etc

I'd love to talk/share about Debian EzGo development to help others to
finish the tasks, if anyone want to invite me. :) Once above tasks has
been done. I expect it would save a lot of time on building next version
of ezgo.

BTW, I have been using EzGo8 on several free software promotion events
in many primany schools at south Hualien region. All the users like the
user interface and software collection. I felt that EzGo8 release is
really a big advancement for open source movement in Taiwan.

> I was in Vietnam recently and met a guy, Trần Duy Hùng, who was
> customizing an Ubuntu LiveCD for vietnamese needs.  I helped him move
> from hacking on top of a finalized Ubuntu LiveCD to isolating each
> customization and generating a LiveCD using debian-live.

Nice. Thank you very much on bridging us. He has contacted me for the
EasyLXDE project. :)

Cheers,

-Andrew