[Debian-ezgo-packaging] [ezgo] ezgo被linux mint收錄在官方套件庫耶!

Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Thu Dec 23 23:36:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I try to answer Jonas' question.  Eric and Hsinchn, please add your comments
if I miss something.

The current status of ezgo is that, we just released ezgo8 and we'll start
ezgo9's development in March 2011.

The release cycle for ezgo is:  release beta version before July, then test
and collect feedbacks from users (mainly teachers) and release official version
in September.

This year we released official version a lot later because of some (political)
issues.

So in next March we'll start to examine ubuntu 11.04(beta) and see how to
integrate ezgo into it, and make a beta version before next July.

AFAIK, our final target for ezgo/debian integration is:
* Use a debian (or other distribution's) package to easily turn a normal
Debian or Ubuntu into ezgo.
* Upgrade from ezgoN to ezgoN+1 directly.  Currently we can not upgrade from
ezgo7 to ezgo8, or ezgo8 to ezgo9.  We need to re-install it.  If we can have
a debian (or rpm) package, maybe we can do a distribution upgrade in an easier
way.

But the above target needs more knowledge of debian / ubuntu system, and the
debian packages.  We may need help for this.

Franklin

Andrew Lee 於 0099-12-24 寫道: