[Debian-hebrew-common] user-he package - a few issues for discussion.

Shachar Shemesh debian at shemesh.biz
Sat Dec 17 20:35:57 UTC 2005

Lior Kaplan wrote:

>2. Since the interface is left in English (or any other non Hebrew
>language), I don't think the package should depends on packages that add
>Hebrew interface only (mozilla-firefox-locale-he-il,
>mozilla-firefox-theme-rtlclassic, kde-i18n-he, koffice-i18n-he).

Just a small observation. The current standard in Israel to achieve what
you are after is to set the LANG to en_US and the LC_CTYPE to he_IL. I
believe this setting to be incorrect. I think the correct setting is to
set the LANG to he_IL and LC_MESSAGES to en_US. This way dates, paper
size, currency etc are all set to israel, while the interface language
remains in English.

          Shachar