[Debian-hebrew-common] a package which includes Hebrew literature

Gai Shaked shaked.gai at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 12:08:00 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Baruch Even <baruch at ev-en.org> wrote:
> Lior Kaplan wrote:
> > I saw http://linmagazine.co.il/book/open_book-20871
> > and thought we can a package with Ben Yhuda's project poetry
> > (http://benyehuda.org/) ?
> >
> > What do you think ?
>
> What is the purpose of packaging the ben yehuda project? The Gutenberg
> project is not being packaged. There is no agreement if the Linux
> Journal issues should be packaged at all.
>
> The way I see it the things we should package are either software or
> software documentation for Debian.
>
> No-one stops you from packaging it for local use in schools, maybe even
> creating a repository for such data files. But I don't see a place for
> such a package in Debian-Hebrew.
>
> Baruch

Like Baruch, I don't think Ben-Yehuda project should be in Debian
official repository, but - if you want to pack them you are more than
welcome to upload them into Kinneret repository, the project frozen
for pretty long time now, but the repository is still on-line - and
might be brought to life in the future.