[Debian-hebrew-common] Article on us in TheMarker

Shachar Shemesh shachar at debian.org
Mon Apr 16 15:06:57 UTC 2007

kobi zamir wrote:
> Hello Shchar
>
> 1. You did not replay to my private mail, does your mail client read
> Hebrew ?
My client reads Hebrew, but my email address is swamped with spam to the
point where I am losing legitimate emails, especially those that I don't
know I'm about to receive and look out for, as a rule rather than an
exception :-(. I'm sorry about that.
> 2. You did not replay to my entry in this mailing list in English, why ?
I did not see it. I still don't.
> In this articles credit is given only to 3 out of 7 members in the
> team, in a way that let the reader think they are the only members.
> http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-hebrew/
Yes, I screwed up in giving credit where due. Please believe me that it
was an innocent mistake and not something deliberate. The names were
originally mentioned in the context of how Debian operates and the
active Israeli (and ex. Israeli) Debian Developers. It escaped my
attention that it would sound like these are the only people responsible
for user-he. I was not aware of all contributers to user-he, but I was
aware that I was not aware of the full list, and had I spotted that
omission, I would have made sure that the list is complete.

In short, mia culpa. Please, all of you, accept my apologies.
> As the founder of debian-hebrew project in alioth, the original
> packager of user-he and the writer of most of hebrew-settings script I
> find this mistake/omitting disturbing.
I can understand that.
> 1. Please contact the author of this articles and let them know of
> their mistake.
> 2. Please make sure that next time you pass information about
> debian-hebrew, credit is given to all members and contributors.
I will do both, but I doubt the first will have any real effect. News
papers don't tend to print amendments of this sort.
> By,
> Kobi
Shachar