[Debian-hebrew-common] xmltv deb doesn't include tv_grab_il

Lior Kaplan kaplan at debian.org
Sat Jun 30 13:51:40 UTC 2007

Chris Butler wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 09:37:58PM +0300, Lior Kaplan wrote:
>> Gal (CCed) referred me to a changelog entry in xmltv:
>>      - Makefile.PL: commented out tv_grab_il due to its dependency on
>>        Locale::Hebrew, which is not in Debian
>>
>> I'd like to fix that by packaging the needed Perl module. But I want
>> your advice about the right place for it.
>
> Excellent, I was looking into this myself recently, but I've not had
> chance to actually create a package. This is a better solution, since I
> would not actually be using the package myself.
>
>> Option 1 is to create a separate package, I'm not sure about the name.
>> Could you refer me to a similar package for another language ?
>
> I think this is the better option. According to the debian perl
> policy[0], the package should be called liblocale-hebrew-perl.

OK. I opened "ITP: liblocale-hebrew-perl -- bidirectional (BiDi) Hebrew
support for perl" at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=431186

I hope to create the package in the next couple of weeks. I'll send it
for review when it's done.

--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan at debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0