[Debian-hebrew-common] xmltv deb doesn't include tv_grab_il

Chris Butler chrisb at debian.org
Sat Jun 30 12:19:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 09:37:58PM +0300, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> Gal (CCed) referred me to a changelog entry in xmltv:
>      - Makefile.PL: commented out tv_grab_il due to its dependency on
>        Locale::Hebrew, which is not in Debian
>
> I'd like to fix that by packaging the needed Perl module. But I want
> your advice about the right place for it.

Excellent, I was looking into this myself recently, but I've not had
chance to actually create a package. This is a better solution, since I
would not actually be using the package myself.

> Option 1 is to create a separate package, I'm not sure about the name.
> Could you refer me to a similar package for another language ?

I think this is the better option. According to the debian perl
policy[0], the package should be called liblocale-hebrew-perl.

If you do need extra help, there is a mailing list dedicated to perl
packaging at http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/

[0] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/perl-policy/ch-module_packages.html#s-package_names

--
Chris Butler <chrisb at debian.org>