[Debian-hebrew-package] Debian hebrew packages for Sarge

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Sat Jul 30 12:29:23 UTC 2005

kobi zamir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) Some locale packages in Debian-Hebrew CDD RC1 will
> not install on sarge, kkbswitch, hdate-applet and
> libhdate-pascal.
>
> I made some sarge packages in:
> http://debian-hebrew.alioth.debian.org/ftp-attic/
>
> 2) The target user will use sarge, do we need a sarge
> repository ?

We probably need one, I added a sarge/testing config to the pool, so now
it is possible to use the sarge repository as well and upload sarge
packages there.

> 3) I inserted libhdate to the Debian Hebrew svn,
> please use it.

What about the package of Lior Kaplan?

> 4) For some reason the postinst scripts do not work
> when I use them in path. I changed the hebrew-sttings
> script to work by copeing the script the current dir.
> but if you know the reason for this bug please fix it.

I do not know for a reason of this, they look like they should run
in-place. But if they don't, copying them to the cur dir should be fine.

> 5) I added a debian-hebrew-doc-viewr script to the
> debian-hebrew-doc package, I did not know what menu
> entry to add. the logic is that a user will not have
> to look for the /usr/......./index.html file, He will
> use a menu item to lounch the Hebrew documentation.

Works for me.

> 6) At the end of the CDD install the
> /etc/apt/sources.list has no repository ?

I still do not have a proper computer to test CDD installs on and the
QEMU machine has garbled video for me so I can't see much after the
install. I'll try to get a proper machine to test on.

> 7) Does d-i set locales for lang xx_XX overriding our
> preseeding ?, how can we fix that ?

It shouldn't.

If you have a problem with that hop on on irc (freenode) into channel
#debian-custom  and try to talk to vagrantc, he is the developer of
simple-cdd and he might know, or at least will know who might know.

His e-mail is: Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant at freegeek.org>

Baruch