[Debian-hebrew-package] Re: A Message To All Debian Aspell Dictionary Maintainers

Kevin Atkinson kevina at gnu.org
Tue Nov 15 21:47:12 UTC 2005

Agustin Martin wrote:

> (Forgot to use my debian address, resending ...)

I can easily add your email to the sender filter if it becomes a problem...

> I am currently maintaning aspell-es and aspell-gl-minimos, both from the
> ispell sources. For aspell-gl-minimos your package is in sync with upstream,
> but not for aspell-es. I will try taking care of this both.
>
> I have just received a mail about a new spanish dictionary for myspell
> coming from different sources. At a first glance the main advantage is
> modularity for the different country variants, but the sources seems to
> still not be fully modular. I will keep an eye on this.

I have been in contact, with them.  I will forward you the email.

> I am also maintaining iesperanto and myspell-eo. Since current official
> aspell-eo is from unknown sources and thus its licensing is unclear I
> can try preparing a Debian aspell-eo out of iesperanto, which is of known
> sources. This could result in an official aspell-eo from known sources.

Yes this would be a good thing.  It most likely comes from the ispell source.
  When I initially created the official dictionary packages I simply use the
RedHat source rpms.

> Now that you have mentioned the proc script in a different mail (I did not
> know where it was) I have no more questions.

Let me know if you have any questions on what to do.