[Debian-np-devel] I think I know how to setup the APT repository

Enrico Zini debian-np-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 17:56:47 +0200

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

Hello,

I think I've been able to setup an APT source with dpool for Debian NP.

These are the details:

APT source line:
  deb http://debian-np.alioth.debian.org/debian unstable main

dput.cf line:
  [dur-alioth]
  method = scp
  fqdn = alioth.debian.org
  incoming = /org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debian-np/htdocs/debian/incoming

Configuration file:
  /org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debian-np/dpool-debiannp.pm
  (group writable, so you can fix it if it breaks)

Cron line:
  2,12,22,32,42,52 *      * * *   /usr/bin/debpool --config=/org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debian-np/dpool-debiannp.pm --nodaemon

Notes:
  I set up everything group-writable, so that everyone in the group
  should be able to upload there; however, since I'm not a group I
  couldn't test if this works.

  If you change the configuration, please run debpool by hand to test it
  and don't rely on the cron job to run it, as if something goes wront
  I'll be the only one receiving the mail (but I'll get it every 10
  minutes, eh!)

  Given that the config file of f*king debpool is a perl module, I'm
  very happy that any member of the group can now execute arbitrary
  commands on my behalf.  Please be careful...

As a side notice, we've got a new wonderful technological breakthrough
in Comodino: the *UPS*!  With *online stats*!!  Check here:

  http://www.comodino.org/cgi-bin/apcupsd/multimon.cgi
  http://www.comodino.org/cgi-bin/apcupsd/upsstats.cgi

We're so happy now! :)

Ciao,