[Debian-np-devel] Testing apt repository

Micah Anderson debian-np-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:54:46 -0500

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> || On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:55:45 -0500
> || Micah Anderson <micah@riseup.net> wrote:
>
> >> One issue you can see is if this cannot be merged back to main
> >> package. Did you provide the patch in BTS to maintainer give his
> >> opinion about it?
>
> ma> Yes, this I am considering the best way to do. I am quite sure that it
> ma> will not be incorporated, as it is a bad hack, it provides
> ma> functionality that only a very specific group of people want (and is
> ma> not user configurable).
>
> Right but why not to do it in right way and include a configuration
> option to it?

Because if it will not be accepted by the package maintainer, it will
only be installed by those who are wanting that functionality, so it
would be wasted effort. Besides, it was a stretch of my rusty C coding
skills to patch this.

micah