[Debian-np-devel] SVN repository layout

Micah Anderson micah@riseup.net
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:21:12 -0500

This idea makes a lot of sense to me, and I'll be happy to do whatever
needs to be done to do this however, I am having trouble understanding
how to do it.

I dont think that we need any special access to do this, you simply
have to do it in your checked out copy, and then commit it. Then we
must all "switch" to the new location. As the documentation says:

"Remember, though, that while moving directories may be easy to do, you
need to be considerate of your users as well. Your juggling can be
disorienting to users with existing working copies. If a user has a
working copy of a particular repository directory, your svn move
operation might remove the path from the latest revision. When the
user next runs svn update, they'll be told that their working copy
represents a path that no longer exists, and the user will be forced
to svn switch to the new location."

But, perhaps I am not understanding subversion correctly?

I hope you have recovered from the Brasilian Debian Virus!

micah