[Debian-np-devel] Simple CDD Tutorial

Enrico Zini debian-np-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:20:57 +0100

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 05:18:02PM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

> >  * Let's do it, step by step
> > # aptitude install debian-installer debpartial-mirror
> ok, enrico found out that debian-installer is really a source package...
> i had to add an unstable entry in /etc/apt/sources.list...

Otavio told me that one can use:
  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-i386/current
and that debpartial-mirror can get it for us.

About how to do that, I welcome Otavio to add it here :)

> after hours of trying to resolve udeb dependencies, i gave up.
> also tried with sid, instead of sarge, with no luck.

Glom!  I'd appreciate Otavio, Zufus, Kalfa or anyone clueful enough to
give some hint here.

> > TODO: Edit initial d-i package list
> looked into this.  it looks like a lot of work.  lots and lots of work.
> look in pkg-lists/*

> i'll try and stick this info into subversion...

For the convenience of the nice people subscribed here, it's in:

  svn+ssh://alioth.debian.org/svn/debian-np/trunk/docs/simple_cdd_tutorial.txt

Everyone welcome to hack on that!

Ciao,

Enrico

--