[Debian-np-devel] Shake it shake it! Shake and move it!

Benj. Mako Hill debian-np-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:20:57 -0500

<quote who="Vagrant Cascadian" date="2005-01-31 12:10:42 -0800">
> > > Problem #3:
> > >   We should also release a 0.1 version of simple-cdd, just by taking it
> > >   as it is: it's useful!
> >
> > That sounds great but I don't think I'm the one to tdo this.
>
> ok, i could just make a tarball of the svn code and call it version
> 0.1...  or i could spend a little longer and make it into a debian
> package, with a little more flexibility configuration-wise...  thoughts?
> anyone game for helping?

I just killed my two biggest extra-work committments in the last week
or so I can help.

> well, freegeek is getting awfully close to releasing freekbox3 to the
> wild.  they've even sent out a guinea pig system.

Nice. :)

> i hope to make a debian-installer CD with simple-cdd to install the
> freekbox3. i've been testing simple-cdd with qemu and the freekbox3
> package selections and debconf answers, but that doesn't handle all
> the customized configuration files that freekbox3 has (i.e. stuff
> that can't be configured via debconf).

What are you using to do this sort of config? Just dropped in config
files or something like cfengine?

> on the latest images i've built, there's room for about 50MB more
> debian packages.. we could possibly make additional profiles that
> have similar overlap to freekbox3 (basically KDE, openoffice,
> firefox and thunderbird), and still fit them on one 650MB CD.
>
> so i guess debian-np could grab the freekbox3 installer cd and tweak it
> slightly and call it debian-np's installer for desktops :)

That would be great. Even if it does mean going with KDE. ;)

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill