[Debian-np-devel] freekbox3 install CD

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at freegeek.org
Sat Jul 23 23:07:42 UTC 2005

> > hey folks... after writing simple-cdd, i've finally put together a
> > freekbox3 installer CD that i'd like to post on the internet somewhere.
> > freegeek is behind a relatively slow DSL line and many people would like
> > to download it...
> >
> > would it seem appropriate to publish it on debian-np's web space on
> > alioth?

done:

http://debian-np.alioth.debian.org/freekbox3_20050711.iso

md5sum:

e5281e1cf348ac2223b34ddc8ce3c7d2 freekbox3_20050711.iso

only took 6+ hours to upload :)

> > we could also remove some of the freegeek-isms and make a "debian-np
> > desktop installer CD" modeled after it, using simple-cdd. :)

in fact, it would be simple to create a "debian-np-desktop" profile
that's nearly identical to the freekbox3 without much trouble at all,
without the tweaks... (and maybe consider dropping things like wesnoth)

we'd probably want to do things like enable xdebconfigurator XF86Config
generation on boot, maybe a few other small tweaks.. but it's easy to
create a postinst script on a per-profile basis with simple-cdd.

input on what we'd do differently would be appreciated.

> > this also reminds me, should we remove that really old outdated iso
> > image from last year's debconf: beta/debian-np_20040612.iso ?

done.

> I'd say yes on all counts. Let me know if you'd like help doing any of
> these things.

yay!

live well,
  vagrant