[Debian-olpc-devel] Sugar dependencies

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:03:26 UTC 2008

I was looking at the sugar packages on packages.debian.org, at the dependencies.

The only thing that installs sugar correctly seems to be the
education-desktop-sugar package.

IMO sugar should at least depend on sugar-presence-service,
sugar-journal-activity, python-olpc-datastore (which would be better
named python-sugar-datastore), and matchbox - all of which it requires
to operate correctly if installed.

In Ubuntu we have a sugar-activities metapackage, which we will
probably keep, to install the (main? all?) packaged activities.

Regards
Morgan