[Debian-olpc-devel] packaging for Sugar

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jul 27 23:04:45 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 23:12 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> So tell me your needs - I might be able to help. :-)

My goal is to reduce the barrier of entry for people to use, test, and
develop Sugar.  I have no time frame.  Just attempting to get the
process rolling.

> >I am concerned about the number of lines in the .diff.  As packages
> >flow downstream they tend to grow like snowballs;( The effort required
> >to merge and sync packages from upstream growth with the square of the
> >number of lines.
>
> Ah, I never thought of it that way.  Thanks for pointing it out :-)

The way in which you could help us most is to standardize the process
for packaging Sugar on .debs.

Much of the downstream merging and syncing in done by new packagers so
undocumented tools might be ever more confusing than high line counts.

Eventually, we will have on the order of 10 core packages and 100s of
activities.

I hope our needs coincide with your goals.

thanks
dfarning

> P.S.
>
> Please don't cc me personally - I am subscribed to the list, and cc's
> confuse my email filters :-P

Done

dfarning